Location: Grand County
Project Type: Historic Structures Assessment
The 4 Bar 4 Ranch was homesteaded by Dick McQueary c. 1895. The property was established as a stop for the Georgetown Stage Line and other travelers and served as both a working ranch and a stagecoach stop between Idaho Springs and Hot Sulphur Springs, over Berthoud Pass. The Hotel and the Barn were both constructed c. 1895 using materials found on the property. The Hotel remained open until 1913. From 1913 until 1917 the property was converted to a Ford Motor Company dealership, selling automobiles. In 1917, the property was converted back to a cattle ranch and remained such until the late 1980s when it was vacated.
In 2015, Jessica worked with Colorado Preservation, Inc. to complete Historic Structure Assessments for both the Ford Barn and the Stagecoach Hotel. These HSAs identified both immediate needs and long term preservation strategies for both structures.